- 1 Pound Ground Beef .
- 1/2 Pound Hot Sausage
- 1/2 Pound Mild Sausage
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion ( chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt ( tsp. )
- 2 Quarts Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Can Can Diced Green Chili ( 2 heaping Tbsp)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Can Hot spiced Tomato Juice (V8) (Use as needed)
- 10-12 Eggs
- 1 Cup Cheese mixture (1/2 Cup [grated] Cheddar Cheese and 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese mixed together)
- 1 8 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- Sour Cream, Avocados, Parsley, etc as desired for garnish
- 6-8 Whole canned Jalapeno Peppers to taste (with stems cut off)
1 Can 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cup Chopped onion
Whole Jalapeno Peppers (canned) to taste (8-10) cut off stems.
Dump all ingredients together and blend 30-45 seconds.
|In a hot Dutch Oven (15-20 coals on bottom), brown meat. |
Pour off grease then pour hot water over meat to rinse off grease.
Wipe out Dutch Oven to remove as much grease as possible.
Mix all seasonings, chopped onion, diced chili, and
soup mix into tomatoes. Stir together and pour into Dutch oven.
Bring this mixture to a boil. (15-20 coals on bottom and 12-14
on top). After it boils reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 1 to 1 &
1/2 hours stirring every 10 minutes.
Add hot spiced tomato juice to keep mixture juicy.
|45 minutes before serving, return mixture to a boil by adding hot coals as needed. |
Break desired number of eggs into boiling mixture.
|Sprinkle liberally with cheese mixture. Cook until eggs are |
|Garnish with Avocado slices, sour cream, parsley,and green |
pepper shell filled with your favorite salsa.
|Serve with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and corn bread.|